Pool Math question

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
Like Pool Math; use it all the time after I've tested pool chemistry using TF test kit. Just now it occurred to me that I may be doing something incorrect relative to pH measurement. On the line that mentions adding muriatic acid, there's several options, one of which indicates "31.45%-20 Baume", and that's the one I've been using. I haven't even a clue what Baume means, or the figures that precede that term. How do I determine if that option is the correct one? Thanks very much.

Most of the muriatic acid for pool used to be around 31%, then a lot of the brands sold in big box stores changed to "safe" versions which lowered to concentration to ~15%, for the same price of course.

I think pool stores generally still have the high concentration stuff and you can find it in other sections of the hardware stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.