NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Interesting observation. Pool math said if I added 16lbs of Calcium Chloride it would raise my CH by 98ppm. I bought 4 bags of Clorox Hardness Increaser which is supposedly 100% calcium chloride vs the mfg that responded to a user on the content percentage. Now the label said 80ppm for 8lbs per 10,000 gallons. My pool is 17,690 so for 16lbs that should equate to 141.52ppm for 16lbs per that lable. So I tested about a half an hour after having adding 16lbs of calcium chloride an I tested about 216ppm so very close to the clorox label not the pool math. So I'm not sure why the pool math is off because it said my number would ultimately been 173 (75 original + 98 per pool math). What am I missing here? Is half an hour too early to test for the CH?

PoolMath has two options - calcium chloride and calcium chloride dihydrate.

Also, how are you measuring these CH numbers? The Taylor test is either increments of 25ppm or 10ppm.

And yes, 30mins is really not enough time for mixing. Give it a few days, salts like sodium chloride and calcium chloride take a long time to homogenize

Last edited by a moderator:
PoolMath has two options - calcium chloride and calcium chloride dihydrate.

Also, how are you measuring these CH numbers? The Taylor test is either increments of 25ppm or 10ppm.

And yes, 30mins is really not enough time for mixing. Give it a few days, salts like sodium chlorine and calcium chlorine take a long time to homogenize
I'm using the TF-100 where you take the the number of R-0012 then multiply by 25. Initial test was 3 drops which means 75ppm. Half hour after adding it it was 9 drops. I was using Calcium Chloride per the pool math section. My pool size is is 17,690. I assumed perhaps it was too soon but was testing my water so I ran the CH test. I don’t test that one all the time as I have fiberglass pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.