discgolfdc

Jul 22, 2018
Fairfield, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
At the behest of another member here, I thought I'd post this and see if what I was seeing in the Pool Math app is a known issue, a one-off, an undiscovered issue, or whatever.

I was combating some algae a few weeks ago and, in so doing, I discovered that my Pool Math app was showing me an odd SLAM FC target. Has anyone seen anything out-of-sorts in a similar fashion?

Screenshot_20190725-210308.jpg Screenshot_20190725-205839.jpg

With a CYA level of 40 ppm, my understanding is that, according to FC/CYA charts found in Pool School and in other areas on this site, my SLAM FC target should be about 16 ppm. The app, instead, shows 28 ppm as a target.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A little more experimentation may have led me toward something that either
  • may need to be looked at, or
  • is somehow by design but not plainly noted anywhere for users to see.
Admittedly, I need to do a better job of logging my maintenance. I do my maintenance regularly, but I tend to enter test results in my app, not performance of maintenance functions. Why is beyond me, so I'm committing to get that stuff logged, too.

I mention this because I was looking at my app just now and, though I'm no longer in SLAM protocol, I toggled the SLAM FC slider to see what the app would tell me my target FC was. My CYA level is currently 10 ppm (I'm adding), and even at that low CYA level, my app was still showing a SLAM FC level of 28 ppm. I noted that I had a reminder that my filter cleaning was 5 days overdue. This was done over the weekend, so I just hadn't ticked that. After I did, I rechecked the SLAM FC level and, lo and behold, it was 10 ppm.

I don't know if there's something about outstanding maintenance reminders that skews the SLAM FC target and, if so, if that's normal app function or if I'm onto a bug.

Hopefully, I'll hear back here from whoever would truly be in the know about that. I'd be interested to see if it's reproducible on other people's devices.

Thanks!

If I may ask, have you updated to the newest version in the Google Play Store?
My apps all auto-update whenever I'm on WiFi, so I can only assume that if an update was pushed through the Google Play Store, I probably am on that version.

To be certain, I'm currently showing that my installed Application Version is 3.0.9 (3331), last updated July 26, 2019.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.