Angelnorgaard

Jun 24, 2019
Lubbock TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Here are today’s readings on my freshly filled pool. Pool math app says to add 5 lbs of dry acid and pool store says add 2lbs and to not use muriatic acid as it will damage the vinyl liner, how much to add ?
Also
B01F1845-E001-4D16-86E7-50A936B7DC7E.png Installing bigger sand pump tomorrow as the one bought with the pool isn’t big enough. Do I start adding chemicals knowing that we’re going to have to drain it down to change out hoses to fit me pump?

Welcome to the forum!
More importantly, you need to add chlorine! And CYA.
Muriatic acid is superior to dry acid. Dry acid is sodium bisulfate. As you add it, the the sulfates build up in your pool water.
If you have a heater or SWCG, that is not good. Can you fill out your signature?
Your Poolmath log shows 17000 gallons. So to lower pH to 7.4 with a TA of 240, add 64 oz of 31.45% muriatic acid. Or 5 lbs of dry acid.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Reactions: Angelnorgaard
I would at least add chlorine tonight, 3 ppm FC worth.

The pH can stay at 8 until you do your fixes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.