Pool liner replacement question

Jul 26, 2017
Queen Creek AZ
Hello,

We need to replace our pool liner. I received quotes from a few companies and they are all quoting Garret, Loop Loc etc. liners. I asked whether they would use In The Swim or other online company's liners and was told no, they aren't reliable, quality is bad, etc. I don't understand why that is given that all manufacturers likely get their vinyl from the same places and offer similar warranties. Please let me know if I'm incorrect. Is it worth paying an extra $500 to go with the liners pool company recommends? Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

20180313_163411.jpg20180313_163424.jpgScreenshot_20180313-163037.jpg

Often It seems they will only sell the liner brands they are a reseller/certified to install for.

Going on that you would have to find a company that sells the liner brand you want.

For my liner replacement, I had to go with Plastimayd. The only pool shop in town I trust
carries that brand exclusively. Plastimayd was one of the first companies to do in ground liners so I was fine with that.

Nice pool!

Thank you, borjis! I am trying to find someone who can help me out. The pool liners from In The Swim are GLI 20ml value liners are incredibly cheap compared to the other companies. From quotes I've received, between $500-$1500 cheaper overall!

I think I paid somewhere around 1,500-2000 for the Plastimayd and those are considered high quality.
Measuring and installation was an additional expense. But my pool is less than half the gallonage as yours.

We need to replace our pool liner. I received quotes from a few companies and they are all quoting Garret, Loop Loc etc. liners. I asked whether they would use In The Swim or other online company's liners and was told no, they aren't reliable, quality is bad, etc. I don't understand why that is given that all manufacturers likely get their vinyl from the same places and offer similar warranties. Please let me know if I'm incorrect. Is it worth paying an extra $500 to go with the liners pool company recommends? Thank you.

Are they quoting you the price *installed* or just the liner cost?

Maddie :flower:

Hello,

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 73599View attachment 73600View attachment 73601

Absolutely- having a manufacturer in the installers corner, is extremely valuable to the dealer & pool owner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.