Pool liner install first or Concrete Decking

dw9000

Aug 17, 2014
NW Ohio
I am about ready for the liner to be installed, I have 2 days to finish up the vermiculite floor, than call the pool company to do the final measure. They said 2-3 weeks and than they will install so likely around July 4th I should have water in the pool.

I was originally going to hold off on the concrete decking, until after the liner installation. But I will have about 2 weeks between the liner measure and install.

I also plan on pressure testing all of my 2" flex pvc lines, so I technically shouldn't have any leaks in the plumbing.

As well, I did concrete block and filled all the cores so they are very strong. Backfillling now really shouldn't impact the walls.

I understand ideally the water pressure on the inside should offset backfilling, so I would backfill while the pool is filling or shortly there after, therefore concrete decking would be last.

But since I did concrete block with filled cores, and I plan on pressure testing my plumbing should I still wait until after the pool is filled to do the concrete? I'd like to get some use out of the pool this summer and avoid the concrete dust getting into my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.