Pool liner heck

Goldenzrule

Jun 6, 2018
Newtown, CT
When we bought our house, the liner needed replacing (pool was unusable). We hired a small independent pool contractor to do the job. The job took him from some time in July until November to complete. He needed help with measuring, twice, he needed help with installation after he spent 4 days trying to get it in. We remained patient throughout but it was difficult. We new there was a leak but he never tested the lines so when we finally put water in it of course leaked. He did not tackle the lights or bring an electrician. I had to seek one out, also someone to fix the leaks.

After it was finally completed, we had to just cover it as it was now November. Fast forward to when we opened the pool, and the liner had big creases in the bottom. The guy who opens and closes our pool for us said it's definitely measured incorrectly. The guy that installed it said it was definitely from ground water. From what the guy who opens and closes said, it sounds like ground water can make the liner float and then settle back down, but it should only have minor wrinkles. This year, when we uncovered it, there are even more creases, way more then is acceptable. I'm trying to find out if this is mostly or 100% and installation issue or if a large amount of ground water can cause creasing that bad. As it stands, we are considering taking the installer to court as he said he was going to pay us back but never did and wrote a nasty letter to us, as if the issues are somehow our fault. Hoping those with more knowledge on this can help determine the real cause of our issues.

Attachments

• 20190514_185125.jpg
    20190514_185125.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 41
Agree that liner has floated several times. Have you ever witnessed the liner have a bubble under it after heavy rains? Theres a small chance you have a well point or underground drainage but someone who knows what they're doing has to investigate. Otherwise you would have to figure out where your water table is at seasonally and install an exterior sump pit and either pump the water out or if possible naturally drain with gravity. It's not a DiY job if your not familiar with this type of work. Take 2 pics one of the pool and its surrounding deck and one of the general grade of the whole area around it so we can see lay of the land

No, we've never seen it float, bubble or anything. There a yard that grades towards the pool. Eversource did work alongside our property and built the land up, which can be further exacerbating the issue. I'll get pics when I get a chance and post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.