Pool light went dim by 2/3 and day later out completely ??

Victor Newman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 6, 2014
Grants Pass, OR
Inground pool. Light replaced 30 days ago by pool tech. Worked fine for 29 days. Dim one night....out the next. Thought they were on or off only. Did not pull the light. Will call tech, but I was wondering about the symptoms. Circuit breaker OK....except it is old from 2000 or so. TIA.

There are so many types of pool lights we need the specific type - incandescent bulb, halogen, fiber optic, LED, 120V, low voltage?

120v....incandescent......Amerlite Underwater Light....says old safety instructions, but no part# or model#. Not sure how old. Local tech thinks, without seeing, that housing is warped and has leaked. Wants $350 plus install for new unit. I can buy one online for about 1/2...but he won't warrant the install.

120v....incandescent......Amerlite Underwater Light....says old safety instructions, but no part# or model#. Not sure how old. Local tech thinks, without seeing, that housing is warped and has leaked. Wants $350 plus install for new unit. I can buy one online for about 1/2...but he won't warrant the install.

Local tech is probably correct. If you want him to warrant the install you have to let him make enough to cover fixing any problems. Otherwise you can buy the light and install it yourself and warrant your own install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.