Pool light stuck on very fast RGB rotation

AndDroid

Mar 20, 2022
Maryland
Hello,

I recently purchased a house with my first pool and have been trying to figure everything out. The pool has a light, but when I turn it on, it will only do a VERY fast RGB cycle (see short video here) which is basically unusable for actual lighting. The light is a LED bulb in a Pentair Amerilight niche, but I don't have any information on the bulb brand. I've read that power cycling the light will change the mode, but no amount of on/off cycling seems to do anything. I don't see any light controllers around - the wiring seems to be pretty simple with a GFCI breaker and then a light switch.

Any ideas on how I can get this thing to change modes?

Thanks!

You list this as a Pentair Amerlite but by chance is it actually a Pentair AmerBrite? The Amerlites were incandescent not color changing like that.

If you have the 12v version make sure your transformer is pushing out 12v. If it is then the driver in the bulb is likely bad.
I don't think it is. The documentation I got with the house has the Amerlite manual, and what I can see of the bulb through the lens doesn't look the one shown in the AmerBrite manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.