Pool light placement help.

Mbk71

May 1, 2018
Texas
Have a new construction in the works and debating on 1 pool LED or 2 spa LED lights. Lights will be pentair intellibrite.

Pictured below, the black lines are roughly were the spa lights would be placed. And as you can see on the original plans were the pool light would be placed.

Never mind the lights on the steps. Those are going to be nicheless lights on the tile line to light the Baja ledge.

Also pebble color will be Tahoe blue...

Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

• BD4A316D-77C1-4DF5-8911-CCC423D25719.jpeg
    BD4A316D-77C1-4DF5-8911-CCC423D25719.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 26
Some of your picture got cut off...........I don't understand if you mean that IS where you plan to have the lights now or ??? what you are asking.........

I will tell you that you do not want a light that shines right at a bench or decking area where people might be sitting as the light will be right in their eyes at night.

If you take and post a pic of the whole pool design I can/will tell you where I think your lights should go.

Some of your picture got cut off...........I don't understand if you mean that IS where you plan to have the lights now or ??? what you are asking.........

I will tell you that you do not want a light that shines right at a bench or decking area where people might be sitting as the light will be right in their eyes at night.

If you take and post a pic of the whole pool design I can/will tell you where I think your lights should go.

Reposting a full pic right now.

And the bench between the pillars on the back wall feature will rarely be used. We just added a bench because there was adequate room for one.

The original plan has one pool light which is printed on the plan. Where I marked the red arrows would be 2 spa sized lights instead of the one pool light. Just thinking about 2 spa lights instead of the one pool light as the pool is pretty long and wanting an even distribution of light across the whole thing.

Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• 31F7D20A-B81D-45E7-B54E-26C263D20B11.jpeg
    31F7D20A-B81D-45E7-B54E-26C263D20B11.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 19
I like your thinking for the lights! Very well thought out. That would light the whole pool up. I bet you could put just on light on the step with that other light on the wall.

Will the bubblers light up? If so make sure you can turn on the light separate from the bubbler as you may not always want the noise from the bubblers but do want the light there.

What are the lights on the outside of the spa? That is a lot of lights there.

What are your depths?

Kim:kim:

I like your thinking for the lights! Very well thought out. That would light the whole pool up. I bet you could put just on light on the step with that other light on the wall.

Will the bubblers light up? If so make sure you can turn on the light separate from the bubbler as you may not always want the noise from the bubblers but do want the light there.

What are the lights on the outside of the spa? That is a lot of lights there.

What are your depths?

Thanks for your insight.
Depth is 4’ - 5’ - 3’6”

Spa spill over trough lighting was re adjusted. We are only doing 2 Nicheless pentair lights. One on each corner facing towards the pool. These are primarily to light up the glass tile on the spa body. Pictured below, I drew some red lines were the 2 nicheless lights will be placed.

The other 2 nicheless lights will be placed on the water tile line of the Baja shelf facing out.

No colored bubblers, although I thought about doing those, but figured since I’d have the Baja shelf already lit up I wouldn’t need them.

Thanks again

Attachments

• D11E8EC2-CDC0-45E1-90F3-30D33EAC0B1D.jpeg
    D11E8EC2-CDC0-45E1-90F3-30D33EAC0B1D.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 15
You don't need my help with the lights....you have it all set right were I would and with the correct number. SWEET!

What kind of tiles will you be using?? I am guess some BLING tiles!

Thanks for your insight.
Depth is 4’ - 5’ - 3’6”
Lets talk about these. Why 5' and 3'6"? Wanting to see what your thoughts are...............5' is too deep for the average female to stand in as the water tends to hit them right around the mouth. 3'6" is as shallow as you can do and still do a full crawl stroke. Me? I would do 4' all of the way for max fun for all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.