Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Shortly before the Texas Freeze, my pool started leaking & was having to add about 1-1/2" of water per day to maintain level. Took apart equipment for the freeze and haven't put it back together yet - maybe tomorrow. Leak seems to have stopped when water reached a few inches below the top of the light niche, so pretty good guess that's the culprit.

Pool repairers are swamped and haven't been able to personally talk to the one that repaired a couple of wall leaks for me last fall and get a timeline. So suspect it may be a couple of months before it can be repaired.

So my dilemma: leave water level as is and attempt to rig up a temp skimmer or refill to normal level and have to add 1-1/2" of water daily. Thoughts?

Well, adding water each day is a bit of a pain, not to mention wasteful. You could leave the water level low, although nit ideal I know. I suspect your water is still chilly like mine. But once you can get in, and if you are willing & able, you could remove the light an look in there. Perhaps do a dye test to confirm what appears to be a leak in that niche. You may even see a crack, especially around the light conduit. If so, there are marine products that you might use. But I wouldn't use an epoxy in the conduit itself that cures hard as that can complicate maintenance later with the wiring. Maybe some sort of silicone or butyl product that remains flexible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.