Pool light help... Powerite LAU-2

Apr 15, 2018
Daphne Alabama
Hello Everyone,

During the summer season my pool lights decided to stop working on me which in all honesty makes the pool look pretty boring and dull in the evening.

I have today been in the pool and took the bulbs out -> ive established that the bulbs are "Powerite LAU-2" -> there was water in the housing and heavy corrosion on the back on lamp connector. Diagram shown below detailing problems.

Problem 1 - Front Cover Seal - Buy replacement seal.
Problem 2 - clean up as best as possible and hope for the best. IS there a way to test this with Multi meter?
Problem 3 - Lower pool water level below lights and fill cracks in with silicone sealant? (open to any other suggestions)

I am assuming the bulbs are completely destroyed - is there anyway to test multi meter?, I have tried connecting 12v already to the two prongs negative to one and positive to the other of course.

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to buy replacement bulbs? the best price ive found so far is. $67.94 Wild West Pools and on Inyo Pools is $102 ??? Inyo Pools

1570376674325.png

Thank you so much for all your help as always.

Nick

This is the first time I have seen the Powerite LAU-2 mentioned here. A search finds no hits on TFP.

I can try and help with general ideas.

What type of bulb is it? Incandescent? Halogen?

Pics of the actual pieces and bulb may help us understand your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.