Apr 13, 2018
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
While it's 98+ degrees in Texas, I'm dreaming about those few months when we will heat up the spa for an evening soak. We have a 7' x 7' square pool level spa with 8 seat level returns, each with a 1" eyeball. We also have a blower, but we rarely use it, as it's one speed and pretty aggressive bubbles. I began to wonder if there are replacement returns that might give us more vigorous massage action when running the spa. I did find these options on the web as my spa returns are 1.5" female threaded, but then realized (since I don't have construction progress photos of the pool/spa plumbing) that I really don't understand how the spa water/air return works.

So I removed the eyeball and took a few photos of the spa return, and have sent a message to my PB to see what brand/model of fitting that is. I'm seeing now that the return has a water jet inside, and presumably (when the blower is on) the air mixes around that jet....

so, with all that said, does anyone have any recommendations for replacements for the eyeballs that might give some additional spa action?

Attachments

• ZTIvFgYZQaaOk76teBrDCA.jpg
    ZTIvFgYZQaaOk76teBrDCA.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 5
  • fullsizeoutput_7147.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7147.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 5
  • s+6eITHKRuy5xiCTlW220g.jpg
    s+6eITHKRuy5xiCTlW220g.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 5
Do you want to be able to use the spa without the blower? Your system is designed with a Hartford loop that allows air mixing in with the spa water. The blower just puts more air in.

Sorry that I didn't give more background. This is a 2 1/2 year old pool/spa and we have used the spa frequently during with cooler months without the blower. I had never really investigated how the spa returns worked (and have found much more info on the forum since I posted). What I now understand is that our build appears to be standard 1.5" gunite Venturi returns, so I'm now wondering if others have used different types of replacement eyeballs to screw into the return to achieve different spa effects.

(thanks too for moving to the more appropriate forum)

Most of the venturi jets and the jet body are matched. Not typically interchangeable.

Take a look at InyoPools website to see if anything might work. But I suspect what you have is what you get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.