Pool level and tiles

svtcobra

Dec 3, 2019
Chicago, IL
We've had some serious rainfall this past weekend and the pool level has rised pretty high up towards the tile. Is this okay?

Also I received a quote from what seems like a reputable company which I like because they seem honest. They said that to drain the pool clean it power wash it etc would cost $700. from there I would fill up the pool on my own time and then they would come back and check the equipment and get it running.

they also said that the tiles are just for looks and I can fix that later but another company said that the tile needs to be fixed and possibly the pool has to be repainted.

For this year with so much work going on in the house I just want a functional pool and can worry about looks down the road.

Attachments

• 20200518_143345.jpg
    20200518_143345.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200518_144840.jpg
    20200518_144840.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200518_144850.jpg
    20200518_144850.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 27
I would say dont paint the pool. I'm not even sure why you're draining it. Do you have a test kit? Can we get some test results?

Reactions: svtcobra
I would say dont paint the pool. I'm not even sure why you're draining it. Do you have a test kit? Can we get some test results?
I figured starting off fresh would be good versus all the work of getting out the debris. I have a long pool pole with a net which I used to get as many leaves as possible but there is still a ton at the bottom.

One pool company said the pool may need to be repainted so just going off what they said.

I'm going to purchase the test kit. But if I don't drain the pool how do I get thr debris at the bottom out?

Another thing I noticed is the amount of frogs in the pool. I actually removed 4 so far and relocated them but there are still a ton. Not to mention what appears to be a large ecosystem of all sorts of insects in there. Are these types of things that could clog the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.