Pool-less, no-joke

Teald024

TFP Guide
I have some sad news... as of last Saturday, I'm officially pool-less!! I accepted a job out of state, packed up my family, all my stuff and and have moved across the country. Unfortunately, the pool didn't come with me. Lyme, NH is where I'll be calling home for a while. On to bigger and better things. We'll definitely miss the pool and all the great times we had. At least we got to enjoy the summer with it!!. The new place is temporary for a year until we find a more permanent place to settle. Then, I'm sure, we'll get a place with a pool, or add one if we have to. On the upside, we are now 2 1/2 hours from our family instead of the 10+ hour drive it used to be. This was one of the major pluses to moving.
I'll still be around the forum once we get the house settled. OMG, boxes and boxes everywhere!! I didn't realize I had this much junk, lol. Definitely to-be-continued.

p.s. I still trying to sell the pool in Ohio if anyone is interested in a great trouble free pool that happens to include a great house.

Dave,
Best of luck on your new journey.
Moving (and a new job) always brings excitement and anxiety, (at least with me it does).
It will be great you get to see your family a little more often.
And the boxes, I moved a little over a year ago, after being in my house for 30 years the "stuff" I had, lol

Congrats on the new stage of your life. Being closer to your family is absolutely a huge advantage! (honestly, I'm a bit jealous because of my sister living in UAE, missing her soo bad :( )
One year is a rather long time, but when you move to a permanent place and buy a swimming pool, you'll be completely over the moon :)
I wish I could live in Ohio, I would definitely buy a swimming pool :)

Well we accepted an offer and closed on the Ohio pool (house) last week. So we are officially now pool-less and homeless! Sad to see it go as it brought a lot of fun times for our family and friends. But on to a new chapter and adventures in life. We are renting a house in western New Hampshire for now until we find a place to settle more permanently.

We were actually out of the house with it sitting empty for about 10-11 weeks before the pool got closed for the season. Solar cover on, pump running on LS 24/7 and the Stenner chugging away on it's normal schedule. I just had the RE agent refill the chlorine tank once. I had her do a FC test and it came back at 8+ppm . I told her she could stop counting. She sent me a pic and it was blue as could be. She even commented how great it looked for not being touched in months! That Stenner was a great investment!

I left the new pool owner my TF-100 kit and a note in the box to look us up here at TFP. Hopefully he takes the advice in the Spring before it turns green. I actually met the guy 2 summers ago at his sisters pool party. When I say I met him, it was more of a "where'd ya find the beer cooler" as we were standing around the pool. Small town I guess. lol

I've been on hiatus while trying to get settled into the new place. Apparently snow skiing is more important to the kids than thinking about pools at the moment. :santa::rendeer: :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.