Pool Leaves and Silt - Robot Guidance M600 or Active 30i/S300i

K8Luvs2Run

Gold Supporter
May 13, 2016
McKinney, TX
First, thank you all for some much amazing information! I have read through tons of these threads and learned a lot about robots and welcome your guidance.

I have a yard with a lot of trees so Spring and Fall are a massive challenge for me as well as sand-like material I brush up on the pool floor. I have an asymmetrical pool with a tanning ledge and steps. It is about 16k gallons, in ground, polished stone plater finish, chlorine.

M600 or Active 30i/S300i

Can either of these units handle lots of leaves well?
Does the canister full indicator work? lol!
Which unit would you suggest?

Would like to save a few bucks but feel like M600 is more powerful with the dual motor and potentially more agile. I am butty about getting / keeping the walls of my ppol clean. Seems grow algae quickly even with weekly brushing.

Thanks,
Kate

So I believe the canister for those two robots are almost the same size, if not actually the identical canister. So capacity is about the same. The canister full light has never worked for well for me. You just start to judge how much debris is in your pool and know if you have to stop midway to empty. The only time that really happens for me is after a hurricane or a crazy big wind storm.

Also before anyone else says it, your algae is a chemistry problem. I would look at some of the other parts on this forum to get that under control.

@Katatude,
Thank you, agreed, chemistry. Ordered the TFT-100 with speed stir test system last week and look to put it to good use. I also leaned on the guidance of others on this board to nip the algae problem. I think I got it fixed...tbd. I see you have an M500. Why did you choose that robot or versus a traditional pool cleaner?
It also looks like I need a spelling lesson based on my initial note. Ugh!
Much thanks for your help!
Kate

First, thank you all for some much amazing information! I have read through tons of these threads and learned a lot about robots and welcome your guidance.

I have a yard with a lot of trees so Spring and Fall are a massive challenge for me as well as sand-like material I brush up on the pool floor. I have an asymmetrical pool with a tanning ledge and steps. It is about 16k gallons, in ground, polished stone plater finish, chlorine.

M600 or Active 30i/S300i

Can either of these units handle lots of leaves well?
Does the canister full indicator work? lol!
Which unit would you suggest?

Would like to save a few bucks but feel like M600 is more powerful with the dual motor and potentially more agile. I am butty about getting / keeping the walls of my ppol clean. Seems grow algae quickly even with weekly brushing.

Thanks,
Kate
Hi

I have the 30i and my back yard is also full of trees. It works great asking as the leaves are at the bottom of the pool. It doesn’t clean the floating ones and leaves usually float. (I don’t think any robot does that). Hope this helps :)

@K8Luvs2Run good question about why I have M500. So when I bought the M500 about 3 years ago it would have been between the s300 and M500. I actually really wanted an S300, but it did not have a swivel cord at the time and that was a deal breaker for me. I also really like the extra 3rd brush as I think it gives my pool a better brushing (dont know if that is actually true or not, but it has a good feel to it). The M600 brushes get pretty close to that but not quite like an independent 3rd brush.

If I were to buy a robot today I would buy the M600, but that is just me. My pool is very important for me and I kind of like top of the line things and a couple of hundred for top of the line does not bother me. Most folks around here will tell you the S200 (or equivalent is just fine) and it probably is. Actually an advantage of the s200 is weight. It is quite a bit lighter than M600 or M500. I think 16lbs vs about 25lbs. Which means my wife does not lift the M500 out of the pool.

Good news is either way you will not make a bad decision. s200 or s300 or M600. All will clean your pool great. Decide if weight is important and decide how many bells and whistles you want and then make your choice.

Hopefully I did not confuse you more. Also if you want something to clean the top of the pool I also have a SolarBreeze NX-2. It is a little pricey for what it does but for me it works great.

@Katatude,
Thank you, agreed, chemistry. Ordered the TFT-100 with speed stir test system last week and look to put it to good use. I also leaned on the guidance of others on this board to nip the algae problem. I think I got it fixed...tbd. I see you have an M500. Why did you choose that robot or versus a traditional pool cleaner?
It also looks like I need a spelling lesson based on my initial note. Ugh!
Much thanks for your help!
Kate
I have the Active 30i/S300i. They are both the same.
I too debated which model to get.
I got feedback from TFP members that told me that the Active 30i (or even cheaper models) would do a very similar cleaning job as the more expensive models.
The M600 has more bells and whistles and it is the best unit they make.
However, the question is, does it clean twice as better considering its cost?
The 30i does a great job. His name is Tony.
My pool is clean when it finishes and I don't think it can be any cleaner.
A must have for me is the top access filter basket with dual filters, the swivel cable, and WiFi/Bluetooth capability.
I hope this helps.
Puertex

@K8Luvs2Run good question about why I have M500. So when I bought the M500 about 3 years ago it would have been between the s300 and M500. I actually really wanted an S300, but it did not have a swivel cord at the time and that was a deal breaker for me. I also really like the extra 3rd brush as I think it gives my pool a better brushing (dont know if that is actually true or not, but it has a good feel to it). The M600 brushes get pretty close to that but not quite like an independent 3rd brush.

If I were to buy a robot today I would buy the M600, but that is just me. My pool is very important for me and I kind of like top of the line things and a couple of hundred for top of the line does not bother me. Most folks around here will tell you the S200 (or equivalent is just fine) and it probably is. Actually an advantage of the s200 is weight. It is quite a bit lighter than M600 or M500. I think 16lbs vs about 25lbs. Which means my wife does not lift the M500 out of the pool.

Good news is either way you will not make a bad decision. s200 or s300 or M600. All will clean your pool great. Decide if weight is important and decide how many bells and whistles you want and then make your choice.

Hopefully I did not confuse you more. Also if you want something to clean the top of the pool I also have a SolarBreeze NX-2. It is a little pricey for what it does but for me it works great.
Truly appreciate the advise. I am a top of the line kinda gal. So, hoping I am not throwing money away! :) Looking at that SolarBreeze! Ratings are great! Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.