Pool Leaking

mojo1980

Gold Supporter
Feb 1, 2019
Tenn
I have a raised infinity spa which flows into an infinity pool which flows into a catch basin. Water is circulated from Catchbasin up to a feature pump which sends back to spa and pool returns.

Every night my pool raises water 5" and pool water would go out overflow.

Spa goes down a few inches a night, replaced check valve no effect.

Spa Check valve (new is flapping) on 3rd replacement two days old. What would cause this when pump is off.

I have a check valve on suction side of the troth. This is working fine replaced anyway.

I have another check valve on pool.

Any help would appreciate it. Even if spa ran into pool the water wouldn't account for it. Much much less

The increase/decrease of water occurs when pump is off? When did this problem begin? The check valves, are they in-line (on the PVC maybe at the equipment pad) or at the returns in the pool spa. Trying to wrap my mind around your setup and give you a bump.

Yours is a scenario where the more info you can provide the better. Even a pic or two could help. While you mention check valves as a possible culprit to the water shifting/loss, I suspect you have automated valves as well that control the flow from spa>pool>catch basis>back up to the pump>repeat. You might also watch closely for any suspect leaks or odd sounds that may indicate a leak when the system is off thereby allowing the system to shift or equalize pressure and move water.

But I would definitely update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info and post a couple pics if you can.

By the way …… Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Yours is a scenario where the more info you can provide the better. Even a pic or two could help. While you mention check valves as a possible culprit to the water shifting/loss, I suspect you have automated valves as well that control the flow from spa>pool>catch basis>back up to the pump>repeat. You might also watch closely for any suspect leaks or odd sounds that may indicate a leak when the system is off thereby allowing the system to shift or equalize pressure and move water.

But I would definitely update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info and post a couple pics if you can.

By the way …… Welcome to TFP! :wave:
Thanks I had it all in not sure what happened.

I concur w current posts to OP - when did this start happening and what was done [if anything] when the change(s) took place?

As mentioned, some pictures of your equip pad and valves would really help - mark what you believe to be the flow path.

Finally, I wouldn't say your pool is leaking, but more of a water distribution issue...esp if you pool is up 5" and your spa down 2"...

So I found the leak the tile ontop of negative edge has water coming under, a five foot section is barely holding on. I let is train the 12" of tile across the edge peeling away. This pool isn't three years old. I still have my spa draining, the check valve was bad I replaced it. Still leaking, i have a dye kit on its way to assist with finding leak. This spa was jack hammered when built wrong height. However I think when they had a small crack which got worse.

This is going to cost a fortune Im very upset as is wife. Spa is all tile. Not sure short of jack hammer how to fix.

tomorrow I'm filling whole spa with dye after I do fitting test. Does anyone know where to get plugs? I need 1/2"

This spa was jack hammered when built wrong height. However I think when they had a small crack which got worse.

If you do have a crack in the gunite then the repair technique is to use concrete staples to hold the crack together and then patch and waterproof the crack. You will have to pull off the tiles in the area and retile. May not be as costly as a jack hammer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.