Southwestern Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IMG_20230701_084640.jpg
IMG_20230701_084717.jpg
did the bucket test and have about an inch leaking per day. plugged the returns and skimmer still leaked about the same level. found 2 tiny holes and patched it. this morning, when pump is off, saw lots tiny bubbles around the both returns and the patch area. what does that means?

prastic stairs have some small bump/ blisters , food dye test did not see water run into it.

l thought the returns and suction side is ok as the water was dropped under returns and a bit lower than light when we open the pool few days ago.

thanks for any help. leak detection company is about 1 hour drive away. hope to find some clues before we have to call them (holiday weekend. have to wait for Monday)

I've never had any luck with the food dye test, not sure why but where I've had known leaks....... nada. The bubbles at the patches are highly indicative - did the patches not work? The leaks from the returns might suggest a plumbing leak.

You might have multiple leaks at different heights - that can be very confusing in leak detection.

I find that leak detection can be quite difficult. Nothing wrong with giving it a shot yourself but a reputable pool leak expert is sometimes worth the expense. If you haven't already seen this information it may help. Leaks Archives

I find that leak detection can be quite difficult. Nothing wrong with giving it a shot yourself but a reputable pool leak expert is sometimes worth the expense. If you haven't already seen this information it may help. Leaks Archives
thanks a lot. l did call the leak detection company. but since they are far away. they can't give me a scheduled time yet and l have to wait for them to call back next week. l did tried many places like stairs, light returns etc.

I've never had any luck with the food dye test, not sure why but where I've had known leaks....... nada. The bubbles at the patches are highly indicative - did the patches not work? The leaks from the returns might suggest a plumbing leak.

You might have multiple leaks at different heights - that can be very confusing in leak detection.
right. even for the two small holes we found, the food dye thing acted not very clearly. it's very possible we have multiple leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.