Pool Leak

Hi Everyone!

Since opening my pool over Memorial Weekend, the pool has been losing about a 1/4" of water per day. I assumed it was not from evaporation but I did the bucket test anyway, which confirmed I have a leak. The loss of salt after adding about 3" of water further confirms my leak. I have since isolated the leak to the return jets. I plugged both jets and now it appears my water loss is inline with my bucket at about ~1/16" or so per day. Question is, how long can I leave the jets plugged while I look for someone to fix my pool? I have 3 floor returns so I assume the only adverse effect will be reduced skimmer effectiveness. BTW, if anyone knows of a good leak detection company in the NJ area I would love to hear about them. I still need to pinpoint what section of pipe under the deck is bad.

Thanks!

With your jet returns plugged how is water returning to the pool from the pump and filter?

With floor returns your wall returns can be off as long as necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.