Pool is open in GA!

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
Hello!!! 3rd year using TFP and this is the first time I opened the pool with CYA still showing up… it does perplex me a bit but I guess I’m going to start SLAM using that CYA of 60 but that’s a Chlorine target of 24…. I’ll retest in a few hours just to make sure…

Do you think this is accurate? Is it normal to open up with such a high amount of CYA?

Thanks!

What Texas Splash said. Do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test first. I did that with my pool, saved me a lot of time, money and chlorine!

And you're swimming in Mayretta? I'm almost due west of you, in Bremen, and my water is still in the 60s! grumble grumble grumble...
OH I'm not swimming! I dont swim until the water gets to at least 80! We are shaded and it takes forever for it warm up and no heater!

I have to SLAM.. Water is green due to pollen and mesh cover... I always do- ugh!

BUT here's the kicker- I just re-tested my water and CYA is NOT 60! It looks to be below 30, but not sure how low, so I added enough stabilizer to get me to 40 for now (based on 30 to be conservative) and I can add more tomorrow if need be.... So for now I will SLAM at 40 CYA, which will save me some chlorine, for sure... Is that would you would recommend @Texas Splash and @Wobblerlorri

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.