Pool is finally done, time to show it off and ask some Getting Started questions

Ah ok, that makes sense then. So you'd only be turning over the water in the Spa when in Aux 3 mode for those 30-60 minutes a day. I have an oversized (8ftx8ft) Spa. Do you think that'd be enough water turned over each day?

Yup, plenty to keep the spa chlorinated.

Turn over is a myth and is meaningless to water health.

If my spa water gets a bunch of dirt in it and I want to scrub the water I run it in SPA mode for a while to let the spa water circulate through the filter. That is much more effective then in SPILLOVER mode to clean the spa water.

Ah ok, that makes sense then. So you'd only be turning over the water in the Spa when in Aux 3 mode for those 30-60 minutes a day. I have an oversized (8ftx8ft) Spa. Do you think that'd be enough water turned over each day?
I had the same setup as you with iaqualink and @ajw22 helped me through it. Super simple once I figured out what the dip switch was.... I think it's definitely lowered the rise in my pH, but it also could be that my plaster is almost a year old now... Either way I enjoy having control of running the pool in either mode.

I did find that by running the pool only in pool mode that my pressure rose significantly on my filter gauge. The way my pool builder had plumbed my pool I don't think there was adequate piping to run only in pool mode. Thankfully he had run a future supply side cleaner line as well that had been valved off so I converted that and that lowered back my pressure to where it was using all spa and pool returns...

I had the same setup as you with iaqualink and @ajw22 helped me through it. Super simple once I figured out what the dip switch was.... I think it's definitely lowered the rise in my pH, but it also could be that my plaster is almost a year old now... Either way I enjoy having control of running the pool in either mode.

I did find that by running the pool only in pool mode that my pressure rose significantly on my filter gauge. The way my pool builder had plumbed my pool I don't think there was adequate piping to run only in pool mode. Thankfully he had run a future supply side cleaner line as well that had been valved off so I converted that and that lowered back my pressure to where it was using all spa and pool returns...
Yea it doesn't seem TOO hard of a swap to make. The camming looks pretty simple and from there it just depends on how they wired inside my controller box. Gonna talk it over more with the wife and see if I can get her over her attachment to the spillover, or at least get her ok with pushing an extra button to have it on demand.

We're also in talks about converting over to a SWG. Pool builder and every online article/video scared us away from it out of concern for our coping/decking. Turns out maybe a SWG isnt putting them at all that much extra risk after all. Moneywise it seems mostly a wash between LC/SWG and just depends on if you'd rather do some serious in depth SWG maintenance 3-4 times a year or add LC 5-7 times a week. GOt some thinking on it to do.

It took 55 Weeks from Signing to Filling, and a ton of yelling at the PB during all of that, but it's finally 'done' (still have the ole punch list). Overall we're thrilled with the final design/product, but still a little sore over all the issues we had getting it built and built right. Working on relaxing and letting all that hate go.

We're still piecing together all the landscaping/sprinklers/etc so once that's done I hope to have even more pictures, but man, it sure is nice to be here.

We're approaching the tail end of our 28 day startup and will be dosing the alkalinity up this weekend with MAYBE a filter cleaning planned too, that may get bumped til next weekend.

Couple quick questions for y'all. We're in Houston but the house gets decent evening shade. What CYA levels would you recommend and how much liquid chlorine would we reasonably expect to consume a week? I've been told to expect to consistently dump acid for the foreseeable future due to the new Wet Edge plaster. When will that begin to slow down?
It’s gorgeous! What size is your pool, if you don’t mind me asking. This is very similar to our pool design (just trying to figure out which way to layout the hot tub).

Pool builder and every online article/video scared us away from it out of concern for our coping/decking.
Every pool has dissolved salt in the water. It can accumulate rapidly in some cases. The small amount of salt in a typical SWG chlorinated pool isn't enough to cause damage.

Turns out maybe a SWG isnt putting them at all that much extra risk after all.
The risk is so small it's negligible. There are tens of thousands of SWG users on TFP. You'd really have to search hard for someone that regrets having a SWG.

serious in depth SWG maintenance 3-4 times a year
What are you referring to? Most SWGs are maintenance-free if you maintain your water chemistry properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.