Pool is filling up by itself!

Okay every one lets see if we can come to a real answer with this one (no bigfoots on Ambian).

LisaDLu, what has happened since you first posted this? You say you do not have an auto fill but do reference a pool fill. I REALLY think everything points to that. Have you shut off all of the water in the house and around it yet? What happened to your water meter when you did that?

If you take and share a pic of your pool fill set up someone many have some ideas. Maybe even include a pic or three of the equipment.

Kim :kim:

Too bad I am just now seeing this thread -

Because K-Kats said to get back to the serious side, I've now dropped 4-5 different ways I believe the pool is being filled.

My take is, if there is truly no auto-fill and the "pool-fill" is not indicating anything, that even if there was a undetectable drip to the eye, that at a rate you cannot see, the climate in NV would negate that amt by evaporation. No water is seeping up into the pool...

My take is that someone is filling the pool up, in the night or day when no one is home and playing a joke. Or, there's a joke factor here somewhere...There is just no plausible answer for water, in desert climate, to be filling a pool w out a direct source right next to the pool. Let's see what type of response we receive from the OP and go from there...

guys,
I am having exactly the same issue at my home.
I drained my pool to second line (about 4 inches below the pool line) due to bay area rain couple of weeks ago.
there is no rain since, this morning I was starring at my pool through the window and it freaked me out that the pool is almost full, i'd say with at least 1000 gallon of water filled.

I don't have an auto-fit either, my pool has very basic and simple filter system. NO cracks what's so ever on the bottom or side.
I asked my pool maintance guy and he said he had no idea how this happened.

I am having the exact same problem in Chula Vista, CA. I noticed it about a month ago and thought maybe it was due to rains, but we have since had no rain and the water level continues to rise. Now I am draining regularly. My pool guy also has no idea what is causing this. We shut off the valve at the house and also have no auto fill and yet the water continues to rise. Our water bill has barely risen. Did the previous two people with this issue ever resolve?

I live in Arizona, and started having this same problem just in the last couple months. No auto fill or auto leveler, no increase in water usage, but my pool is super full all the time. Its the oddest thing. I am seriously considering setting up a camera to see if I can figure anything out.

I am having the exact same problem in Chula Vista, CA. I noticed it about a month ago and thought maybe it was due to rains, but we have since had no rain and the water level continues to rise. Now I am draining regularly. My pool guy also has no idea what is causing this. We shut off the valve at the house and also have no auto fill and yet the water continues to rise. Our water bill has barely risen. Did the previous two people with this issue ever resolve?

I wish I had a magical filling pool :(
One day an gentleman ran into a magical genie. The genie granted the man only two wishes. The man was drinking a fine stout, and asked the genie if his mug could always be full of this fine beverage and always be cold. And poof it was. He chugged the beer down and it would glug right back up. The man was amazed. The genie was impatient. What else do you want? The man said, of course, another one of these! :)

That sounds a lot like that pool, eh?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hydrostatic valve in the pool drain , ground water is pushing valve open letting water in,
Nope. ground water would have to be above the waterline in the pool.

I believe it is simply a case of meds not being properly adjusted. :rolleyes::rolleyes: (That's a joke, in case anyone plans on being offended)

Air hits cold surface at night and causing water to condense ?? This probably needs high humidity.
I have seen my pool level goes up by an inch with no rain and fill faucet is tightly closed.
I have the same exact situation that a few people describe here and I also live in the desert in CA. No idea where the water comes from, but this theory could make sense. Since it is hot during the day and cool at night the pool releases heat at night and gets cold. During the next day, humid hot air hits the cold pool surface and cools down. When the humid hot air cools, it no longer has the capacity to hold so much water so condensation forms, filling the pool. Is that crazy? I have not put water in my pool all summer but it fills itself - no cracks in the plaster - no leaks in the fill valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.