Pool is currently filling......now what?!

Ok! got it.. once you get your kit.. post up your first set of results.. and we will guide you from there. Do you know if your PB will be providing some start up maintenance? many do for the first 30 days to ensure the plaster is within warranty. If not we can walk you through that too.
I'm not sure but I will confirm. Should I be concerned about any issues with my plaster both aesthetically and structurally due to them plastering before my equipment was installed? I'm going to continue brushing and trying to keep the ph and Ca hardness within range but until my equipment is installed, that's about the best I can do.

I don't think there would be any issue with the plaster, per se. You would be brushing a lot anyway. The issue is, as was mentioned before, with the plaster dust building up and not getting filtered out. From a chem standpoint you just have to provide the circulation on your own to mix them around.
Ok that’s a little more reassuring at least! I was concerned it would increase the chance of having mottling, spots, and a terrible looking final plaster outcome and possible integrity issues

I just saw the new Tf Pro Salt Pro Kit. I will have a SWG. Is it worth me upgrading to the pro kit or will the basic Tf-100 give me everything I realistically need?

The TF Pro Salt provides everything the TF100 does, plus the salt test and a Smartstir. All in a convenient, well designed case.

Really your choice. Do you want everything in a single case, or, do you want the TF100, the salt test kit, and the Smartstir separately.

Reactions: GeauxTigerz
If you have a salt pool its very useful to have a definitive test for the salinity. The reading that is displayed on your SWG controller isn't always accurate. And when it starts to vary it is sometimes a sign the cell is having issues or is ready to be replaced. How will you know that without an independent test. Plus the Smart Stir is an absolute necessity in my opinion. It makes the testing easier and more consistent. Most people that started with the TF100 eventually added these other things (me included). The TF-Pro salt has them all bundled together from the get go.

Reactions: GeauxTigerz
I went ahead and upgraded to the TF Pro Salt. It’s on the way. I got up before work and brushed again. I’m assuming I should just be brushing with a nylon brush and not metal. I’m on my PB about getting the equipment installed ASAP! I feel like an idiot not knowing to put a hold on the plaster until the equipment was ready to roll. Is this normally unheard of for a pb to plaster a pool before having the equipment ready?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.