Pool is built

gteeitup

May 30, 2022
South Carolina
for about two years and cracks along expansion joint and underneath coping. Also, black mold looks to be forming underneath coping which wasn’t sealed with mastic on deck. It’s literally a man made space around the deck as a space between coping and concrete deck.

An engineer and independent pb came out and determined it was built incorrectly or not up to certain codes.

The builder’s insurance company doesn’t provide coverage for these issues even though an independent pb provided code that says it’s not built correctly?

Now what?

We did. Other than pics, I’m not sure we can win a judgement if their policy doesn’t cover these things. What a freakin goat fvck.
Getting a judgement and the insurance covering the judgement are two different things. If you get a judgement, he needs to correct or pay for it. If the insurance doesn't cover it, PB is on the hook (whether he can or will is another topic).

Reactions: gteeitup
Getting a judgement and the insurance covering the judgement are two different things. If you get a judgement, he needs to correct or pay for it. If the insurance doesn't cover it, PB is on the hook (whether he can or will is another topic).
I misspoke. Yes, I know a judgment is different, but that’s not going to fix our problems, correct. I’m a little concerned about paying a lawyer thousands of dollars to just getting a judgement while also us paying for the work. Our next step is having the original pb inspect the site. Here are some photos. Is there supposed to be mastic sealing between the concrete and coping?

Attachments

• IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4935.jpeg
    IMG_4935.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4941.jpeg
    IMG_4941.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    703 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 23
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.