Pool installed WRONG WAY ROUND

cj32991

Oct 13, 2022
QLD, Australia
Hi. My swimming pool was installed today, somehow the plans have been confused and the pool has been installed with the deep/shallow end the wrong way round. I have alerted the builders to this and they’re intending on fixing it up tomorrow.

I don’t know what they’re intending on doing whether they just backfill or what but I’m concerned about whether this will hold up okay. What would be the correct process for them to follow?

Any advice would be great thanks.971F126E-236C-4413-8141-4E03EDE69C08.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Fiberglass pool?

I am not sure about typical building practices over there, However in the US That top layer of roots and organics is not considered structural and is always removed and replaced usually with 1.5" or 3/4" stone. So the slope coming out of the pool should have been excavated out as well and replaced with stone. To fix the issue I would assume they would will dig out the deep end and build the slope back up with stone and compact the stone.

If you're saying it's 180 degrees flipped, then I actually like the direction it is currently being installed in. It makes sense to me based on your back yard. Switching it around will put the shallow end close to the fence. Leaving it this way will give you more room to build out a patio on the shallow end.

If it's 90 degrees wrong, then I would agree and expect the shallow end to face the home.

Either way, it should be a fairly easy fix at this point. My only concern is that if they flip it 180, they will have to move fill to the new shallow end, and if they don't compact it properly it could cause issues down the road.

they will have to move fill to the new shallow end, and if they don't compact it properly it could cause issues down the road.

You never move fill and compact it for a pool to sit on. Pools need to be place on UNDISTURBED ground. You can never compact fill as well as mother nature can do after many years.

Compacted gravel or 57 stone works which locks together for good compaction when it is dropped into the overdig area around the pool should be used to fill any overdig. 57 stone is 95% compacted out of the bucket. A light hand tamp or plate compactor and you are good

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.