Pool hungover from too many parties

May 30, 2016
Abilene/Tx
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some advice and help on my numbers. I have spent most the summer catching up and I think a lot of it is my plaster is bad and so algae has so many niches to grow in. We had several bday pool parties recently and my walls are getting that dust and I have some dark green algae circles.

Cya I can't hardly see the dot at 40, and for sure nothing at 30 so I've been going with 30.
pH 7.8 to 8.2 leaning more towards 8.2
Cl .5
Cc 1
Ch 425
TA 120

I think I should go with CYA of 30 and shock my pool at a 19 to keep it in the mustard Algae levels.
I need to add 18 oz of acid do I do this 4 hrs before the shock? The calcium in my pool is high and now if I drain the pool water alll these results will be worth nothing so any advice would be awesome!

It is time to SLAM Process the pool before it gets away from you. No need to go to mustard level. Round CYA up to 40 to be on the safe side.

In the future raise FC to 10-12 before and after parties, especially with kids and double especially with other people's kids. That will keep your pool safe, sanitized and algae free. It is safe to swim when FC is above minimum and up to shock level for your CYA.

Your CH isn't all that high. You'll lose some of it when you backwash. Ignore that.

The next step: adjust pH to 7.2. Dribble acid into the return stream and then make a lap around the pool brushing the walls. By the time you're done with that, it'll be mixed. Recheck the pH. If it's good, bleach it to 12 FC. Go have a beer. Then go brush the floor. Then recheck FC and raise it to 12 again. Repeat. That's the SLAM Process

When the SLAM Process is completed, then you can go to mustard algae levels for 24 hours. Don't waste the bleach going so high right away.

Thanks for the help so far guys but I have a ton of questions now....
1. I keep adding chlorine and with in hrs it drops rapidly so I feel like I have never reached 12.
2. I think I have black algae the spots I have keep growing and they are dark dark green. I have tried brushing and brushing and nothing cracks it but rubbing a puck and within a day or so it's black again?
3. I'm currently over 15gallons of chlorine and over 36 hrs is my pump going to make it :,(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.