Pool has started ....oops, a wee rock !

....oops, a wee .......cover !

Well, the swimming season has ended for me this week and I'm going thru pool withdrawal. It has been a somewhat disappointing summer this year up here in the great white north (rain and cool weather). We can usually count on 4-6 weeks of 30 deg C temperatures but got only 6 or 7 days in total.

Our first year with the pool did provide lots of enjoyment though in spite of the weather, and balancing the SWG system proved to be easier than expected. Had some interesting issues including the cat chasing a chipmunk, a rabbit and a groundhog into the pool on separate occasions..... the cat itself seemed bright enough to stay out. We also blew out the bearing on the Hayward pump .... it was replaced under warranty.

Its going to be a long winter.

KC

pool_cover_6.jpg

$2800 for your rock removal doesnt sound too bad, actually. My PB warned me they may be hitting rock and if they did, it would cost me extra. About an hour after they started the dig, i heard the familiar "screeching" sound you get when you hit rock. PB knocked on my door and asked me if I was really sure I wanted an 8ft deep end. He said a 3ft depth wouldnt really be all that bad. I was devastated to say the least. There was no way to remove a solid rock shelf, so they had to bring in the big gun and "whittle" away at the rock down to a compromised depth of 5.5 ft. The constant hammering sound not only drove me nuts, but the whole neighborhood as well. In the end, the extra 2.5 ft cost me an additional $4000.00. No diving at that depth, but at least I was able to keep the pool slide in the plans. My PB was nice enough to use his backhoe to set some of the larger chunks of rock into my landscaping. My neighbors on either side of me have basements - go figure. I am still tickled to death with my pool and the BBB!!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.