Pool green for over a year.

I think your biggest issue is the amount of organics on the bottom. Can't you just filter to waste using a line to the bottom to remove all the gunk (know it is blind), this will also siphon off a foot if you let it run and suck all the stuff off the bottom. Seems like that should be the focus. Get that stuff out.

Reactions: kimkats
Can't you just filter to waste using a line to the bottom to remove all the gunk (know it is blind
This is what I did. I drained half and brushed the entire time because the drains don’t really pull anything that isn’t 6 inches away. So I blindly swept (and swept and a swept :ROFLMAO:). I still didn’t get it all and needed to vac once it was full again, but no question I got most of it the easy way.

• Wow
Reactions: TexEdmond
I was planning on vacuuming to waste some more today but got rained out. Somehow I lost siphon in the hose so there's still 18 - 20 inches in the shallow end. Added two more gallons of chlorine & going to run the filter overnight. If clarity doesn't improve then I'll talk to Lois about ordering these.
Tarp
Rope

Never mind, thought you had a personnel experience to go along with this.
The point is that it looks suspicious if you buy those items together, especially at 3:00 am.

Although, the look of anyone who is at Walmart at 3:00 am is suspicious, so they probably wouldn't even notice.

I once went into Walmart at 3:00 am and I called America's Most Wanted and said "I found everyone that you're looking for".

True Story.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any thoughts on getting rid of the rust? Seems like something should be done before exchanging the water since some rust is bound to enter the pool. I'm not willing to get on hands & knees to sand over 100' of coping. I could pressure wash it & give it a quick coat of paint. Pic shows the worst section.Rust.jpg

I would find the worst spot and see what happens when you sand it down. Hopefully in the shallow end so you can stand and do it. My worry is the rust is through the metal. Best to know now instead of buying stuff to paint it with and such.

I would get a cheap float and find a way to snug it up to the area you are going to work on. It should catch most of what you sand off.

You're not going to be able to get rid of rust that is already that extensive without some very extensive work. At best you can cover it up and maybe have it look OK for a year or so - but it'll come right back through. Replacing those sections is the only real long-term solution.

• Sad
Reactions: TexEdmond
You're not going to be able to get rid of rust that is already that extensive without some very extensive work. At best you can cover it up and maybe have it look OK for a year or so - but it'll come right back through. Replacing those sections is the only real long-term solution.
Yeah, I took a closer look at the rust & it's worse than I thought. There's a product from a company called Por-15 that's suppose to bond & seal the rust but I think it's rusting from both sides. I'm leaving it alone.

Reactions: PieterS
We're getting a steady stream of water from the waste line while on recirculate. I've never had a multi-port valve. Is this something that a good cleaning will fix or do we need to order parts?

At the very least you probably need to replace the spider gasket.
Otherwise, lookin’ pretty good!

Most of the time it is what is called the "spider gasket" needing to be replaced. That is the part right under the handle.

That water is really showing a HUGE difference! Well done!! SO close to being DONE!

Good idea to leave the rusty stuff alone. Could cause more harm than good to try to "fix" it.

Here's some pics from today.

We can see the vacuum on the bottom of the deep end.

View attachment 372975

View attachment 372976

You never know what you'll find in the bottom of a pool.
View attachment 372977

We're getting a steady stream of water from the waste line while on recirculate. I've never had a multi-port valve. Is this something that a good cleaning will fix or do we need to order parts?
View attachment 372983
Amazing rehab! Good luck for continued success!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.