Pool floor: how long between robot runs?

CedarChuck

Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2022
Cedar Park, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I use a robot to clean my pool's surface. During the summer running it every other day or more depending on weather.

What cleanliness baseline are other using? Running the robot too often is undue wear but what problems at what point do you run into if you don't run it often enough?

We run ours almost daily, if not for schmutz on the floor, for the wall brushing aspect.
We leave it in the pool almost constantly.... a bit of debate on that practice but I don't worry about it. The convenience to us is worth more than potential repair/replacement costs. 🤷‍♀️

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Chuck,

I run mine about two or three times a week unless we have some kind of storm that deposits a bunch of junk in the pool.

I usually look at what it picks up. The less it picks up, the less I run it. The more it picks up, the more I run it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I used to run my Warrior SE every few days, almost year round because I never close my pool. I always wanted my new pool spotless. The motor went out 1.5 years after purchase. I got a warranty replacement and it really changed my routine. I never run it in the winter, I just use the leaf rake to get big stuff out. I also use the hose and vacuum during the winter if needed. I only run the robot every 1 to 2 weeks now. Just trying to prolong its life. I also keep it hanging under my pool equipment shed when not in use.

I run mine once a week on average. Wind events are a debris driver and I avoid a bot run if big wind is in the short term forecast. Sometimes I run it twice when pool is trashed with debris, dirt or fire ash after heavy accumulation.
I do clean the surface and bottom of my pool often with my fine leaf net between bot runs. I remove, clean and store the bot in the pool shed between runs. Last April was 5 full years of service and have replaced only the pleated filters in that time. Cost of my S200 in 2018 was $720. The old green $ is not what she used to be.
Long may it run, at least until they make one with brushless motors. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thank y'all for the replies. Some very similar experiences to mine. Always wanting a spotless floor but also don't want to wear Louann out (the M600).

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 9.37.02 AM.png

Reactions: Apsuhead
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.