Pool Float Advice - Please Help

Mar 22, 2018
Richmond
I prefer to float in my pool and not on top of it. I have tried a few different types of floats, but none have done what I really want to do. I have some neck issues so I prefer to be able to rest my head on something while relaxing. I would love to be able to lounge and maybe even nap in the pool with my head and neck above water, while the rest of me is submerged and reclined. I also want to be able to sit up in a seated position and still be somewhat supported while most of me remains under the water.

To date this has been the best option I have found.
It works OK, but it doesn't allow me to sit up and comfortably be supported, and its not the best reclined either.

I recently found this and was going to try it,
but before I bought another float I thought I would see if anyone has a better suggestion.

Thanks for you input.

I had a cross between these 2. It no longer appears but either would work and you’d be mostly in the pool.

Pool noodles are what the adults in my pool prefer. You can put them wherever they work best for you. For reclining, I like one under my neck and one under my knees. You can also sit on them, dangle from them, etc. Get heavy-duty ones, not the cheap flimsy ones.

Reactions: Newdude
Pool noodles
They *really* are the Swiss Army knife of pools.

Wanna play ? Noodle.
Wanna float ? Noodle again.
Wanna make believe you are a water spitting elephant ? Yup. You guessed it. Noodle.

kid got fresh and you want to get the point across without leaving a mark ???? *THESE* things are AMAZING!!!!!

Good old fashioned float. If I wasn’t concerned about getting fried by the sun, I could lay on this thing for hours. If you ever had a waterbed in the 70s or 80s, you know what it feels like.

1625749675144.jpeg

I've tried a number and like you prefer to be in the water, while my head is slightly elevated. Additionally, I have found with proper positioning you can vary from a lounger to even act as an floating chair.

1625774064247.png

Intex mesh Lounge they've held up for years & I've never done anything other than let them dry & store in the deck box (even over winter).
Best of luck in your search.
Respectfully,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have tried most of the ones listed. This is the one I keep coming back to.

Price has gone up quite a bit. They used to be about $30. I tend to get a new one every year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.