Pool Filter Recommendation

May 15, 2015
Spring Texas
Hello all,

I got a 30K gallon pool in South TX and the Hayward DE filter cracked over the weekend. It's over 20 yrs old. Current pump is a Pentair Challenger 2hp and I wanted to get recommendations for a DE filter setup. House is being sold soon so any money that I can save it's welcome.

These are two of the units I have been researching. One by Pentair and the other by Hayward. Not sure if I were to go with a Hayward DE Filter, I could reuse the existing valve controls. Attaching pics for reference. Also, how far away would the pump need to be from the valve control? Thanks in advance.

Pentair 180009 FNS

Hayward DE6020

For a 30,000 gallon pool the 48sqft will be a little small, but that just means that it'll need to be cleaned a little more often.

The distance between the filter and the pump has no bearing on how much pressure the filter sees (unless it's many hundreds of feet). The restrictions in and after the filter are what determines how much pressure the filter sees. Even small pool filters are designed to handle the maximum pressure that a centrifugal pool pump can produce.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.