pool filter crack

Lez331

Jun 3, 2017
Yonkers, ny
Wondering if this crack is causing an issue. My pool is taking long to clear up. I cleaned filter cartridge today and put it back on. when i did that , there was a loud noise , with pressure going from really strong to normal. it went from 5 to 20. that went on for 5 mins. it then settled to pressure of 20, which has been the pressure since i got the filter( if i remember correctly). I also just hosed it down. i feel it needs a better cleaning

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ok, the surging might be air getting in the skimmer due to a stuck weir or maybe a clogged suction or return line.

The high pressure might be a clogged return line or a clogged filter or maybe too small eyeballs on the returns.

The SwimClear c200s is the filter, what is the pump model number? The number should be something like SP2605X7.

Thank you. Today the pressure is low . Below 5 n the return in pool is super strong. That o ow have foam. Not sure if that’s what caused the foam. Or be putting liquid conditioner :/ .. the pump is sp2607x10

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean there is a union

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Definitely something odd. I suspect that you might have some type of intermittent clog. Maybe something in the line that is flat that blocks flow if it rotates the wrong way.

I would open the union on the return line to see if it is a check valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.