Pool fill, sequestrant and filtering

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
My pool was already shut down for the season. Now I am replacing the liner before winter rather than doing so in the spring to ensure the pool is good for an early spring event. I am filling with city water hauled in, but there is iron on the city water in my area. My old liner was stained, and I want to be sure to avoid that with the new liner. I plan on using Jack's pink and treating the water when it is filled after the liner is replaced. Normally, I inspect the DE filter in the spring when I start up and replace any grids with holes or other issues. The local pool stores have grids in stock in the spring. Now because I am filling after the liner replacement, I need to start the pump and filter back up to circulate for the sequestrant and to get the chemistry good for winter again. I just found today a couple grids need replaced, and nobody had them in stock locally. The liner is going on and the pool is being filled tomorrow. Do I add the sequestrant right after filling while circulating without filtering for several days until the grids arrive? Or do I wait for the grids to arrive so I am filtering when I add the sequestrant?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.