StaRite Modular Media 450sf cartridge filter,
Raypak/Rheem 400,000 BTU propane heater with pressure valve,
Jandy NeverLube valves for manifolds rebuild,
Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 LED light
"Haward OmniLogic system including the following components:
OmniLogic 4 relay base"
Omnilogic WiFi Antenna
AquaRite extended life salt cell, salt, inline sacrificial anode

Price of equipment only from local store is $17,500; and turnkey installation was $19,500.

I have found the equipment online at several reputable sources for around $8,500.

Is there much risk in going about this myself? $9k more is insane and I can't rationalize the premium. In support of small businesses I am willing to pay even 20-25% premium and may offer to them; but wanted to do a sanity check with the forum.

Thanks - Jason

Jason,

I recommend that you never buy a pump with the SVRS option... Old tech and no longer required or needed..

I did a DIY install of two systems at rent house pools.. IntelliFlo VS pump, EasyTouch with IC40 salt cell... I have had zero problems with them.. One is 10 years old and the other is 7 year old.. I would do it again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jason,

I would for sure check with your local inspector and get the facts.. If you have two covers, then I would expect it to pass..

I was told the same thing, ended up with the SVRS and then found out it was not true for where I live. :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.