NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
New pool construction underway and they just put out the pool equipment yesterday. See attached pic. Does this look ok for installation? I had assumed it would be on a concrete slab and not on a slab placed on rock. Just wondering if this is normal or ok. I wasn’t home during the installation so I need to talk to them today to figure out what the deal is but just wanted other peoples opinions too. AFA81A06-627A-4C52-9B91-C0205BE5A2B5.jpeg

That is the really cheap way to do it, I know because I did some of that but they went WAY cheap.... :)

Mine has been like that for 8 years and it is fine.. Have them pull the bricks out from under it and have them level the rocks and reinstall them correctly... There plumbing job SUCKS.. and I would have them put the pump and the filter on its own block like I did...

Also have them change to High temp unions..

If you do have them put a concrete pad down make 100% sure it does not contact your house concrete pad as the pump vibration will transmit through your house...

Last edited:
What sucks about the plumbing job? There’s only one pipe there and just the equipment is sitting on the pads. I’ll talk to them today to sort it out better.

now that I look at it is there 2 pipes behind the red rag?

From the picture it looks like he used 4 90's instead of 1...

36F9C31B-912B-4557-955A-D1C9B718318C.jpeg
Here are a couple more views. Looks like one goes into the pump and one into the heater.

Attachments

• 822520D1-9763-46C4-B3C2-580C8BE88BFF.jpeg
    822520D1-9763-46C4-B3C2-580C8BE88BFF.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 6
No worries. I’m scrutinizing everything they’re doing so it’s making me a bit crazy. They’re a big company and do tons of pools so I’m sure they know what they’re doing. Plenty of happy customers that I know of.

They’re a big company and do tons of pools so I’m sure they know what they’re doing
One would hope so but it’s not always the case.
Plenty of happy customers that I know of.
The same people who were told to sneeze into their elbows to reduce the airborne spread of Covid and rushed out to hoard toilet paper, Proving that they didn’t know their butts from their elbows.
I’m scrutinizing everything they’re doing so it’s making me a bit crazy
(y)(y)(y)(y) Keep on it. Keep on them. Post away here to confirm anything that doesn’t sit right with you.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Be thankful you didn't get plastic equipment pads like I did. They both sunk in the middle and now water collects on them. Not to mention my plumbing is stressed because they are de-formed. At some point I am going to have to replace them with concrete pads either like you have or else a new poured pad.

I assume pouring a pad isn’t too big of a deal in the future. Just disconnect the plumbing, move the equipment, pour concrete, then put equipment back and reconnect again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The plumbing may have to be redone as a pad is usually 4 inches and right now they are using 2 inch blocks... It could be close :)

So apparently they “don’t do concrete slabs” unless I request it. To do it now, they need to undo the plumbing, move the filter, pump, heater, then pour a slab and reconnect it all. I’ll have to pay to move the equipment at this point. Kinda dumb and not sure it’s worth all that.

So apparently they “don’t do concrete slabs” unless I request it. To do it now, they need to undo the plumbing, move the filter, pump, heater, then pour a slab and reconnect it all. I’ll have to pay to move the equipment at this point. Kinda dumb and not sure it’s worth all that.

It will work the way it is...I would want the paver taken out and have an all rock base. Now having said that...it would drive me nuts the way it is. My OCD would go into overdrive every time I saw it, I would want a solid pad, but that is 100% me. You could redo it yourself and save you some money, you might negotiate a reduced price because he did not explicitly tell you it would be done that way.

I did my own pool, pump pad and pad roof. I made mine 3x8 and I wish I had made it twice that size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.