Pool emptied and refilled - What do I need to do?

Aug 17, 2017
Chandler
Emptied the pool a week ago and just tested after getting all the chemicals added in.

FC - 4
CC - 0 (really???)
TA - 40
PH - 7.4
CH - 180
CYA - 30

Are these numbers good?

CYA is little low but seeing in AZ and right now temps are between 40 and 70, I can wait few weeks to get that a little higher, may be to 45.

Why my CC is 0. What should be CC level and how can I get it higher?

A couple other notes to add:
- Also make sure to gently wipe the tip of that R-0008 (green) reagent as sometimes static electricity can make the drops a little smaller effecting your result.
- Do you have a speedstir for mixing? If not, I would encourage you to get one since it helps a LOT with the CH test. It also makes FC and TA mixing a breeze. :stirpot:

Ideally CC should be 0, but anything below .5 is considered ok. More on the correct levels here. Pool School - Recommended Levels

You will want to bring up your CH. TA is low and could cause some issues with your pH.

Thank you. checking out the link you put in there.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple other notes to add:
- Also make sure to gently wipe the tip of that R-0008 (green) reagent as sometimes static electricity can make the drops a little smaller effecting your result.
- Do you have a speedstir for mixing? If not, I would encourage you to get one since it helps a LOT with the CH test. It also makes FC and TA mixing a breeze. :stirpot:

Thanks fo the tip and I know how painful it was to stir and count and I had to redo my TA test as I forgot how many drops I have added. I will be ordering one asap.

Your fill water in Chandler, AZ is that low in CH and TA? Good for you!

I would suggest being careful how much Calcium Chloride you add as your CH will increase with evaporation and subsequent use of your fill water.

Take care.

Your fill water in Chandler, AZ is that low in CH and TA? Good for you!

I would suggest being careful how much Calcium Chloride you add as your CH will increase with evaporation and subsequent use of your fill water.

Take care.

Duly noted. I had to empty our pool twice in 3 years because of mis-management of chemicals and this time I do not want to make a mess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.