Pool Drainage

sglacks

Feb 23, 2021
Colorado to Nicaragua
Double checking that the pool drainage is set up correctly in a pool with a jacuzzi & infinity edge in Nicaragua. I am missing something in translation and want to make sure the pool drainage pipes are correct. Pool builder says all 4 drainage pipes (jacuzzi, 2 pool, 1 infinity catchment basin) are fine to be connected to the same 2" drainage pipe. Another guy on the job site is saying that will not work. He says the atchment basin needs to be on its own drain line. Saying if the catchment basin is not on its own line, the pool will not stay full? Can anyone explain to me what he is talking about? Thanks!pool.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

Explain what each colored line represents on the picture you attached.

Draw us the two different ways they want to connect the pipes. I do not understand where the pool and spa drainage pipes come from. The infinity edge pipe connects the trough along the infinity edge for water to flow to the catchment basin to be pumped back to the pool as return water.

If I'm understanding you then I think the second guy is right.

Are the spa, pool and catch basin at different heights/elevations? If so then I think you need independent return lines for each or they will siphon the water off the highest elevation first and then the next until the water level is equal to the lowest one.

In addition you would want the spa to have it's own line in case you only want the spa heated and not pull cod water from the main pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.