Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I'm getting started on a diy PVC dome for my kidney shaped pool. Tired of all the oak pollen, acorns, leaves, so I'm preparing for next fall (too late this year!) As you can see, simple construction of 36" wide coping mounts. I place them around every 36". I add precut length of pipe after mounts are in place (2 person job). The pressure of the bow holds the mounts against the coping. All joints are bonded except where long pipes get added (compact storage).

My main question is cover material. I see black fine mesh covers (I needed 20'x40'). Do they make something in beige or brown? I could see this preventing evaporation and heat loss. Probably swim under it during some winter months, so letting some light through would be nice. But needs to be fine enough not to let pollen through. And light. Recommendations welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_20190416_105132.jpg
    IMG_20190416_105132.jpg
    652.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20190412_145744.jpg
    IMG_20190412_145744.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 91
Home Depot has that mesh covering in their outdoor section in beige. I used it on my fencing for a while.
Thanks! You must mean this stuff, looks good. With grommets every 12" would be easy to strap together for wider piece.

That's nice as well, but not what I used before for my DIY stuff. The stuff I got at HD was just fabric (no grommets) and a bit cheaper, but that color. Much like overhead shade material you see at a lot of places. I think Lowe's had it as well.

Found similar at Amazon, cheaper (and better quality I believe). I like the seams and grommets. Easy to splice together and tie down to the PVC. Will post pictures once complete (may not be until fall).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, finally got cover on a couple weeks ago. Heavy wind knocked some down, but still does a good job keeping leaves out, condensation and heat in. Short video of Steam this 31 degree day (water at 80).

78 today, with pool at 82. Only found 5 leaves in the pool! This thing is great, holds heat and keeps water from evaporating. No skimming needed.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191104_155410.jpg
    MVIMG_20191104_155410.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 27
Ok, PVC just isn't strong enough. A good wind blew half over. Changed to 2x4's. Still enough room to swim with 18" slope. Very easy to blow off. Holds heat well, turned on heat pump 4 days ago, temp now 80. Pool is staying much cleaner with oak drop than bubble cover laying on water. Not losing water to evaporation either. I'll never use bubbles again!

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_115355.jpg
    IMG_20200313_115355.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Arizonarob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.