Pool Design Help - Treasure Coast, FL

Everything seems to be going well. Working fast. Seeing all those guys in the pool I wish we would have gone with a bigger size already :).

IMG_20160718_085944371_zpsuv7l1kjs.jpg

Good to see it getting plastered. :cheers: Hope your start-up goes smoother than mine.

We shall see, thanks. They're using a filtration tank and only provided one so only one hose filling the pool for 21K+ gallons. It's going to take a while.

Question for you. You mentioned excess plaster in your corners when they finished. Ours is the same with underexposed corners. How did your come out after a few days of brushing?

We shall see, thanks. They're using a filtration tank and only provided one so only one hose filling the pool for 21K+ gallons. It's going to take a while.

Question for you. You mentioned excess plaster in your corners when they finished. Ours is the same with underexposed corners. How did your come out after a few days of brushing?

I've been brushing everyday but the corners still have excess plaster.

Question about the Dolphin S300i. Do you have it ordered or were able to test it in another pool? How do you like it?
I ordered the Doheny Discovery which is the same as the S200i with a few of the s300i features like the LED light and timers.
It was on sale for $650 so I did some research on old threads and even though I was set on getting a suction cleaner I bought a robot. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday.

I've been brushing everyday but the corners still have excess plaster.

Question about the Dolphin S300i. Do you have it ordered or were able to test it in another pool? How do you like it?
I ordered the Doheny Discovery which is the same as the S200i with a few of the s300i features like the LED light and timers.
It was on sale for $650 so I did some research on old threads and even though I was set on getting a suction cleaner I bought a robot. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday.

I bought one and opened up the box this past weekend. I'm going to do a test run in my neighbors pool later this week as partial payback for putting up with our dirt and dust over the past 2 months. I'll let you know my thoughts after we try it out. For our pool the instructions we saw were 30 days no robot, same as heater and SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine took about 37 hrs to fill with 5/8" hose. Your pool is 50% larger so figure 48 hrs or less with the 3/4" hose you mentioned.

Looks really great. You will be happy when it's filled and hopefully your PB will do the startup ASAP.

Thanks for the nice comments all.

allinspector - Yes after talking with the PB guy handling the start up the float and the filtration tank (filtering out metals +) are restricting it somewhat but they are fine with the slower fill and slower introduction of chemicals. It's over the returns now and the pump is running (24/7 for 7 days). Should be balanced for first swim by this weekend.

I'll be doing our first run of tests once its done filling (by tonight/tomorrow morning) and following along this week with the PB maintenance. Also starting my twice daily brushing tomorrow.

The pool finally filled early this morning. My first brushing was with the sunrise. How very calm and relaxing. How long until I'm sick of brushing though? I assume it's safe to go in the pool to to brush areas I couldn't reach from the perimeter or is it better to wait until the pool is balanced properly?

Here's pics with the full pool minutes before PB "fire-up" (muriatic acid and pucks). I did run a full set of TF-100 tests this morning for more practice which was a match to my earlier tap water test. Can't wait to run another set this evening to see where we are.

full%20pool%202_zpsnuouuddd.jpg

Full%20pool%201_zpsvp3xmilr.jpg

Glad to see you're up and running including the sheers. Looking great.

How long did they tell you to brush? I'm over a week of brushing 2x per day now. Got the Doheny Discovery today and gave it a test. Worked right out of the box. Only problem it got stuck under the rail by the steps. Might have cleared itself but I rescued it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.