mmardini

Jul 21, 2020
Palm Springs, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone! I just finished remodeling my pool and I love the way it came out, however now it is making our ugly pool deck stand out! We bought our house a year ago and apparently the previous owner (flipper) painted over the kool deck with normal paint and it’s now peeling in a lot of the areas. I’ll attach a pic.

My question is does anyone know what a fair price to resurface a 750 sq foot deck is? The quotes that I’m getting are anywhere from 5,500 - 9,000$$ which SHOCKED me! I don’t feel like it should be that much to resurface a deck! What do you all think is a fair price? See pic below. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1EC61443-3513-47D5-A880-0430317F97A0.jpeg
    1EC61443-3513-47D5-A880-0430317F97A0.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 44
  • 00088F3F-7540-49DF-A7CB-A1E04933E449.jpeg
    00088F3F-7540-49DF-A7CB-A1E04933E449.jpeg
    639.3 KB · Views: 42
You may want to define what you mean by resurfacing. There is more than one way to deal with ugly pool decks as you call it. For my pool, I had to replace several concrete sections. Since the new concrete would not match the old concrete, I had a decorative concrete overlay installed over the whole pool deck. My pool deck is similar to the one at the following link:
DECORATIVE CONCRETE OVERLAY | Building and Design Suppliers Directory

Last edited:
You may want to define what you mean by resurfacing. There is more than one way to deal ugly pool decks as you call it. For my pool, I had to replace several concrete sections. Since the new concrete would not match the old concrete, I had a decorative concrete overlay installed over the whole pool deck. My pool deck is similar to the one at the following link:
DECORATIVE CONCRETE OVERLAY | Building and Design Suppliers Directory

Every company that has came out has their own “product”. Our only requirement is that it has a feature that keeps it cool during the summer months similar to cool deck. The latest company uses a “knock down texture”. Another company uses an epoxy with sand. I don’t think it would need new concrete the concrete is in ok shape, it’s just the paint peeling off. There are areas by the spa that need repair tho

I have seen some awesome resurfacing jobs and they have used a product called "cement all" by rapid set. That is a 9000 psi after 28 days and it dries in 15 minutes... The color works really well too. If you are handy and know how to work with cement type products i suggest you try that... and work on small areas and leave a straight brushed finish. After 10 minutes you can probably try the brush.. You would however need to remove the remaining paint on the deck, a small sandblasting kit could work well for this.

Reactions: mmardini
I used sundek and most of the cost was the prep work. They had the grind it down completely

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it looks like there are no authorized installers in my area. Do you happen to know approximately how much the cost was? I’m trying to see if the prices are very inflated here or if that’s really the ball park I should expect to pay to resurface

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.