Pool Deck Refinish Options - Is this a crazy idea?

Jun 29, 2018
Dallas
Hey All! Hope everyone is having a great winter! I am contemplating a few options to refinish my plain concrete pool deck this spring/summer.

If I had unlimited resources I'd probably splurge for a Kool deck since my pool coping is buried in the cement and I just have had my liner replaced with a loop LOC liner in 2021.

But I have a question that does not seem to have been asked, or answered before... What's the difference between "kool-deck" and plain old tile mortar? Looking at the bags, consistency, and labels it seems to be the same dang thing at a significant discount.

If not tile mortar, why not use sanded grout? Both I think if done right have the appropriate chemistry to last outdoors and grip the existing concrete.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but someone lied to me in school and said there are no such thing as stupid questions!😂😂

Thank you!

No responses so far.

Maybe time for an experiment and get a small quantity of each mixture, apply it to a test area, and see what the difference is.

If you run a test let us know what you find out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.