Pool Decals

jblizzle

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Just reading the instructions makes me nervous. 3M tape to attach to vinyl or silicone adhesive to attach to fiberglass/plaster. No way you could ever easily remove either of them without damage. Will they not fade or degrade in the life of my pebbletec ... is there a guarantee of that?

And if they are not fully sealed around the edge, I would think they would be breeding grounds for algae underneath.

pooladdict

In The Industry
TFP Guide
May 15, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
I think they are similar to vinyl repair patches, those suckers stay on for years and robots don't move them at all.

They have a different model for shotcrete pools.

Maybe its me, but I love different stuff....I particularly love my RC Dual Outboard Skimmer Boat :cool:

pwrstrk

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Aug 18, 2012
Elverson Pa.
Now it worked for me. They look nice but I'm kinda leaning towards what Jason said. Do you know anybody that has tried them ? 😎

jblizzle

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
It does look like for the vinyl install it is fully adhesive and not tape like I envisioned. So it could certainly stay in place for the life of the liner ... just hope it does not fade to a white sticker before then :D

But, using an adhesive on a plaster pool ... yikes. If it ever came off, you would still have adhesive smashed into the pores of the plaster that will never look right. I am just not sure would trust it for the life of plaster which can be significantly longer than a liner.

pooladdict

In The Industry
TFP Guide
May 15, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
LOL...white sticker....in my area, say 150,000 population.....I did a business plan and there are over 8,000 pools. I know of only 3 that are concrete or vinyl. A few are fibreglass. I easily estimate that 95% of pools up north are vinyl.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
That does not really surprise me as I would think the deep freeze cycles might be harder on the plaster pools.

I think you meant concrete or plaster.

n240sxguy

May 17, 2014
Benton, KY
I'll have to check those out. The ignorant previous owner of my pool dumped shock in it and didn't brush it, so I have some bleached out spots. Most people don't notice them, but they annoy me because I know they didn't have to be there. If these decals aren't too expensive, that would make my liner last longer for me mentally.