Pool Currently Demo'd - Long Crack under coping

Thanks guys... Yes, I'll fill out my signature later... gotta get to work on the pool right now.

I just spoke to my Orenda rep and he said it's likely the Orenda Enzymes that we put in the pool a few days ago. He said that they'll stick to the pipes inside and clean out all the oils etc. that have accumulated over the years. Should disappear in a few days (fingers crossed).

Yes, I have a DE filter and since it's been baking in the sun for the last month during the remodel I cleaned it yesterday hoping it would clear this up. At the time I suspected it was just the Sodium Bicarbonate I put in.

I was really thinking that I had a tear in the DE filter, I cleaned it with a high pressure hose yesterday, but not after speaking to my rep. The Enzymes makes more sense as it had a similar effect when we initially poured it into the pool.

The calcium is around 270 right now
The PH is 8.1 (been adding about 40-50 ounces of muriatic acid every day and about to add about 50 ounces right now) it's been there for a couple of days now.
The TA is 80

Oh yeah, the dust is not collectible. It doesn't settle to the bottom of the pool... another reason I'm thinking the enzymes is the culprit here.

Pool is about 29000 gallons btw, but I'll get into my sig later.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated

Edit: Also, when I turned off my filter last night for 6 hours, the pool looked like glass this morning. Just when the pump is on it starts kicking out.

Last edited:
Btw, still trying to figure out how to correct that transition around the pool from the concrete to the coping. If anyone has any inexpensive suggestions, please let me know.

As of right now, filling with cement/grout seems to be the only option for me unless I want them to saw cut out 6 inches around the coping and transition concrete to the edges to smooth it out. I know that's the right way, but I'm tapped and don't really want to spend another $2300 to do that.

Thanks again.

@bdavis466 I was just about to add some Calcium and Bicarb... basically back to back. You think that's a bad idea? (only asking cause you asked me that yesterday... which I hadn't done yet)
Yes, don't do that. The two together will instantly cloud the water and can cause immediate scale. It's best to wait 24 hrs between adding one or the other.

Reactions: Palpatine
Thanks for the reply @bdavis466 . I added 8 pounds of Calcium and 2 pounds of Sodium Bicarbonate yesterday. I waited 4 hours in between and I made sure to dissolve both really well before putting in the pool. I've been cranking my pump on high the whole time... seems like everything is fine this morning.

Man, pool start ups are a lot of work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.