pool cover replacement

td3201

May 2, 2018
Lincoln, NE
Hello,

It’s time to replace my pool cover. I currently have a rectangular cover that’s mesh and has anchor straps that affix around screw anchors in the pool deck. I’m in Nebraska so to close it, I lower the water level below the lines and winterize it. Any recommendations on how to proceed?

See if the label has a serial #. Sometimes there are 2 spots with info so check both sides. If so, the manufacturer can make you a new one without coming out.

How old is it ? Are you happy with it ?

See if you can find the info on the cover. That way you keep the anchor locations and save a bunch of labor.

Are they typically custom made?
Rectangles and common shape covers can be pre-made and 'off the shelf' or customized if need be.

You might get lucky if you find a cover using the 3, 4 or 5ft spacing you have. But call abnd verify where the straps are.
I see some on Amazon but not sure what’s good and what’s not
Some have had luck with generic covers. Personally I would only buy a cover from l
Looploc, Merlin, GLI or Latham. They've all been around for ages while the other companies come and go.

IIRC my slightly modified 20x40 looploc dense mesh was $1750 for just the cover and about $1k to install it from scratch into concrete.

Yours is a little smaller, and doesn't need the modification, and hopefully not the install.

That was 2 years ago at the height of the price gouging so if anything, it may be a couple bucks cheaper now. Or it's still high. Lol.