Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi Everyone
We have an kidney shaped pool with a solar cover (see picture). When I take the cover off a lot of dirt goes into pool which I'm sure is not good. So for that and ease, I am thinking of getting a pool cover reel.
First Question - do folks think they are worth it?
If so, my follow-on questions are:
  1. Which one - From reading there are a few of them that have good reviews (not too sure what the difference is between #1 &#2 other than price?)
    1. ($149) VINGLI Pool Cover Reel Set Aluminum Solar Swimming Inground Cover Blanket Reel - Amazon.com : VINGLI Pool Cover Reel Set 18 Feet Pool Solar Cover Reel for Inground Swimming Pool, Aluminum Solar Swimming Inground Cover Blanket Reel (Upgrade) : Garden & Outdoor
    2. ($129) VINGLI Aluminum Solar Swimming Inground Pool Cover Reel - Amazon.com : VINGLI Aluminum Solar Swimming Inground Pool Cover Reel Set, Up to 18-Feet Wide x 40-Feet Length : Garden & Outdoor
    3. ($125) Nova Microdermabrasion Swimming Pool Cover Reel - Amazon.com : Nova Microdermabrasion Swimming Pool Cover Reel Set 21 FT Aluminum Inground Solar Cover Reel w/Thermometer : Garden & Outdoor
  2. What size is needed? Would one of the 18' Reels work? I put dimensions on the picture (large side is 20' and small side is 15') - I would like to put on the side w/ the smaller kidney as it's out of the way
  3. Where should I put it - I would like to put on the side w/ the smaller kidney as it's out of the way. And then fold the 20' end in as I roll up. Is that a problem (by maybe putting too much stress on that side)?
  4. Are there any other things I should consider?
Thanks again for all of the fantastic advice!
Dave

Attachments

• Pool Reel.jpg
    Pool Reel.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.