Pool cover for in Oklahoma

Aug 21, 2022
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I had an ABG pool in Oregon, but it is way different in Oklahoma. So a new pool cover on my new pool is needed. Do you all recommend an air pillow or such under the cover? And what kind of cover. My pool is above ground, but dug into the hill to make it flat, then back filled on that side and edges down the hill. The photo is before it was backfilled. We will put up a small deck on the left side. Thank you a head of time for your advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 8
Being in NJ we get some sub freezing days and at times we get wicked wind; not sure how compares to Oklahoma. I have had good luck with Arctic Armour (I think Blue Wave makes them) AG covers, they last about 3 to 4 tears and aren't that expensive. They are warrantied longer but usually they start delaminating which is not covered under warranty. No pillow but I always drained to below the skimmer line. I have also used the "saran wrap" around the pool with limited success, I think either I don't have the knack on putting it on or it doesn't really work and the wind still gets under the cover. I did use the wrap for winterizing the ladder and it worked great for that! I consider winter covers and solar covers as throw away after a few seasons.

Being in NJ we get some sub freezing days and at times we get wicked wind; not sure how compares to Oklahoma. I have had good luck with Arctic Armour (I think Blue Wave makes them) AG covers, they last about 3 to 4 tears and aren't that expensive. They are warrantied longer but usually they start delaminating which is not covered under warranty. No pillow but I always drained to below the skimmer line. I have also used the "saran wrap" around the pool with limited success, I think either I don't have the knack on putting it on or it doesn't really work and the wind still gets under the cover. I did use the wrap for winterizing the ladder and it worked great for that! I consider winter covers and solar covers as throw away after a few seasons.
Thank you for your information.

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.