Pool cover and new Jandy JE3000TR

Tortuga353

Aug 2, 2020
Auburn, AL
We had a 18x36” pool installed and we last minute decided on a heat pump chiller and heater instead of in pool furniture. This finally came in and is installed from back order.

A couple questions.
1. We were quoted $5500 for a customer cover. I don’t know the details at all so requesting specifics. Is this reasonable. Pool photo below

2. Thinking about leaving pool up all year since we’re in Alabama. Idk. Bad idea? Good idea? Better to shutdown? I know more chemicals and energy but easier to just maintain pool?

3. Is the cover a necessity it seems pretty expensive but I understand lowers heat loss and keeps junk out of pool. Is it time consuming to remove? 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours?

C7B8A769-C6B3-4EEF-9FDA-27C9D7AB02A3.jpeg

$5500 is out of line for a pool cover. Get one on your own should be between $2k and maybe $3k or so. I would base closing the pool on water temp. If water never gets below mid 60s consider keeping it open.

Oh i put on and remove my cover by myself it takes about an hour.

Reactions: Tortuga353
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.