Rob Bullaro

Sep 30, 2020
Buffalo, New York
Has anyone owned an older 17' x 35' inground liner pool and had the steel coping replaced because it started to rust out real bad ? Our pool is about 35 years old and I've had to touch up the steel coping surrounding the pool every year for the past 5-6 years to keep it looking good. Now we find out that we have a pressure side leak on the pool which needs to be repaired and we would also want to replace all the concrete around the pool because that too has some large cracks. The liner that is in there now is the second one since the pool was installed and is still good but we will need to have a new one installed if we get the leak repaired and concrete work done. We're having a hard time finding a contractor here in the Buffalo Western New York area who wants to tackle the job of doing the coping replacement and also for contractors wanting to rip out the old concrete and replace it with new. Just wondering how expense this will all get and if someone else has had this situation before and did get everything replaced , how did that experience turn out and is there anything I need to know on the downside before I set a job in motion that may not turn out well expense or project wise ? I had one concrete guy here today who said thay did five jobs like ours in the past but won't do anymore because one pool collapsed on them when they emptied it and ripped out the concrete. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much in advance for supplying it.

It is SO hard give advice of pricing for the different areas as each area is SO different in terms of prices and such. I would keep looking for people in hour area and get as many quotes as you can then share them here so we can help you go through them.

Reactions: Rob Bullaro
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.