Pool controllers that work with water and sprinkler controllers

OfficeReefer

Jul 27, 2021
Argyle, TX
Hello TFP.

I'm currently using a zone on my sprinkler system to maintain my pool levels. It works based on a schedule and rainfall, which somewhat helps but is not always accurate and in the colder months, has actually resulted in some unexpected water loss.

Today, I have all this Jandy equipment that I'm not a big fan of, because all of it is only warrantied for 1 year and generally only available to dealers. I would like to have a controller that does more than allow me to access an app and turn stuff on and off.
It would be best if I had one that collected telemetry on the performance of SWG output and status, pump voltage, speed, GPH, filtration flow rates, actuator details and timing, heater function and gas flow.... etc... even did dosing of acid, chlorine in colder months and takes pool measurements in the same app.

Does anyone make a "real" controller? Also, are there any comparability charts, spreadsheets out there that show what components work with what systems and by what means of communication?

Thank you,
Brian

Last edited:
Hello TFP.

I'm currently using a zone on my sprinkler system to maintain my pool levels. It works based on a schedule and rainfall, which somewhat helps but is not always accurate and in the colder months, has actually resulted in some unexpected water loss.

Today, I have all this Jandy equipment that I'm not a big fan of, because all of it is only warrantied for 1 year and generally only available to dealers. I would like to have a controller that does more than allow me to access an app and turn stuff on and off.
It would be best if I had one that collected telemetry on the performance of SWG output and status, pump voltage, speed, GPH, filtration flow rates, actuator details and timing, heater function and gas flow.... etc... even did dosing of acid, chlorine in colder months and takes pool measurements in the same app.

Does anyone make a "real" controller? Also, are there any comparability charts, spreadsheets out there that show what components work with what systems and by what means of communication?

Thank you,
Brian
There’s all kinds of electronics that say they do lots of that stuff but in reality not so much.

Look at NodeJS Pool Controller…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.