Pool company half opened swamp pool; what to do?

bjsbuds

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 16, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Opened pool up, and it was a swamp again. I know this was expensive, but I could stand the thought of dealing with all those chemicals trying to get the pool clear, and the liner was all bleached out, so I decided to replace the liner.

I get a call from the pool company I use to close the pool; I open the pool myself. They tell me they are at my house opening the pool, and asking where my cartridges are. I said you guys don't open my pool, I do. They said they were in the area so they thought they would open it. I said I am replacing the liner, so don't open the pool.

I get home and see that they had removed one of the jet plugs, and the plug in the skimmer. So I assume that means all that swamp water is in my plumbing lines?

The new liner has been installed, and the pool is 90% filled. I am afraid if I turn on the pump that I will see a bunch of swamp water pumped into the pool from laying in those lines. If I am correct, is there anything I can do? I thought about using a shop-vac and trying to suck any water out from the lines.

Add chlorine to your water now. 3 ppm. Mix it with the water you are adding. When the tiny amount of water in the lines gets mixed in, the chlorine will take care of it.

Use PoolMath for how much of any chemical to use.

A pool volume in your signature helps us help you. Using your dimensions, I come up with 17000 gallons.

1/2 gallon of 10% liquid chlorine is needed to add 3 ppm FC to your pool.

Always pour liquid chemicals at the return of in your pool with the pump running. See Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.